Friday, February 8, 2013

HBO does it again

In the recent light of my external hard-drive crashing, my complete indecisiveness to pick something on Netflix, and seeing a clip of Jeff Daniels as Will McAvoy  I was finally motivated to watch the HBO series The Newsroom.  


This show has shattered all of my expectations. The quick talking and even more quick witted dialog written by Aaron Sorkin coupled with a high a tension news broadcast team is incredibly entertaining to watch. Aaron Sorkin's writing is clearly noticeable when watching, everyone is as fast paced and witty as Jesse Eisenberg was in The Social Network. If you stop paying attention for even a few seconds you'd look back and be completely lost. The actors do a great job portraying their characters, and Jeff Daniels performance is   almost enough to make you forget this priceless moment.
The story line is fantastic, and the characters interact great with each other. Were this an actual show, I would be e-mailing them my resume three times a day to get them to hire me. I recommend this show to anyone, whether you are a fan of Aaron Sorkin's writing or just liked the classic film Network. Seeing everything that goes in to putting a news broadcast together is extremely interesting and is giving me second thoughts about where i might go with my career in the future.  

No comments: