Friday, February 8, 2013

Parks and Recreation=Undervalued



Today I started my Friday the same way I usually do. I wake up and make myself breakfast with coffee while enjoying the newest episode of one of my favorite shows of all-time, Parks and Recreation. Although I consider the show to be very consistent, I really think they have outdone themselves this week.

 The show consists of several main characters who make up this mockumentary-styled sitcom based in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana. The show stars Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Aziz Ansari, and many more. The show capitalizes on the small-town setting of show, which provides the audience with real genuine characters that they can relate to.

This week's episode successfully portrayed each of the character's attributes through several comedic elements for the viewers to enjoy. I really enjoy the energy of the show because the characters are very authentic and believable. It is shocking to me that it once struggled with poor ratings because I cannot refer to one episode that wasn't at least decent.

I recommend the series to all because I believe it takes advantage many different comedic methods to satisfy all senses of humor.

No comments: